InsuraMatch customers seeking to insure their valuable jewelry will be excited to learn that we’ve added Jewelers Mutual Group to our carrier panel. Based in Neenah, WI, Jewelers Mutual is the only insurer in North America dedicated to insuring jewelry for more than 100 years. If you’re looking to protect your jewelry with a company that has a strong reputation, affordable plans, and high customer satisfaction rates, Jewelers Mutual is tough to beat.
To get a FREE quote, call (844) 232-2700 and speak with a licensed insurance advisor.
Why Should You Get Jewelry Insurance?
Your jewelry is as unique as you are. A perfect reflection of your individual personality and style. Whether it’s a custom-designed engagement ring or engraved wedding band, pair of birthstone earrings, or vintage pearls, each item matters to you, and should be protected.
If anything were to happen to these precious valuables, you could be devastated financially. When you know your jewelry is adequately insured, you can rock it and flaunt it all while feeling secure - the way jewelry is meant to be worn!
Advantages of Jewelers Mutual Insurance
There are several key advantages in choosing Jewelers Mutual to insure your jewelry, including:
- Protection against major perils including theft, damage, loss, coverage while traveling worldwide, and even disappearance if the jewelry is lost or stolen.
- Over 100 years of proven jewelry experience. Licensed agents, GIA Graduate Gemologists and American Gem Society Certified Sales Associates on staff whose passion and specialty are jewelry.
- A repair or replacement policy that will repair or replace an item with the same kind and quality as original. If the exact match isn’t available, Jewelers Mutual will work to find a comparable piece.
- Flexibility to work with the jeweler of your choice to repair or replace your item.
- Ability to submit claims online or over the phone.
- Customized coverage limits based on the value provided for your jewelry based on an appraisal or a detailed receipt.
- Flexible deductible options starting with $0, $100, $250, and $500.
How Much Does It Cost?
A jewelry policy with Jewelers Mutual typically costs only 1-2% of an item’s total value, paid each year.
For example, a $5,000 engagement ring could cost as little as $50 per year to insure.
Don’t Assume Your Homeowners Policy Adequately Covers Jewelry
Many people overlook purchasing a standalone jewelry insurance policy because they assume jewelry is covered by their homeowners or renters’ insurance policy. While this may be true, there are several distinct disadvantages and risks of keeping them as your primary insurer, including:
- Low reimbursement limits. A typical homeowners or renters insurance plan usually has a low coverage limit, of about $1,500.
- Usually excludes coverage for loss, damage, and mysterious disappearance.
- Often requires you to choose from a list of pre-approved jewelry repair or replacement companies in the event of a claim.
- Possibility of several estimates needed before settling a claim.
- Negative impact on overall homeowners’ policy. Filing a claim against your homeowner’s insurance policy has the potential to raise your premium or your eligibility to maintain coverage.
- Non-jewelry expertise. Would you let a jeweler build your house? Why would you trust your homeowner’s insurance to protect your jewelry?
Is Your Jewelry Worth Insuring?
Generally speaking, any jewelry you own that holds significant monetary value is worth insuring.
To further help you decide if jewelry insurance is right for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you afraid to wear your jewelry for fear of something happening to it?
- If your jewelry was lost, damaged, or stolen, would you want it repaired or replaced?
- Do you currently have jewelry insurance but are unhappy with its coverage limits?
- Do you take your jewelry with you on your travels?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may want to consider a standalone jewelry insurance policy with Jewelers Mutual.
Insurance coverage only available in the United States (all 50 states and the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec). Coverage is subject to underwriting review and approval, and to the actual policy terms and conditions. Any descriptions are a brief summary of coverage and are not part of any policies, nor a substitute for the actual policy language. Coverage is offered by a member insurer of the Jewelers Mutual Group, either Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company, SI (a stock insurer) or JM Specialty Insurance Company. Policyholders of both insurers are members of Jewelers Mutual Holding Company.